CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in Los Angeles Plata, Argentina on November 18, 1971. We learned History in the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and ended up being a known user regarding the performing Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Overseas Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, I struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina as being user regarding the modifying and publishing group for the Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, in addition to journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I have already been surviving in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined up with the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) regional group in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la Vivienda (FOSOVI) as well as other companies regarding the Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I have already been the Coordinator associated with the HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My indigenous language is Spanish, we talk and compose English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Workplace Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main duties include:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of local and international tasks underneath the auspices of varied donors, as well as drafting reports that are necessary
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC local, nationwide and meetings that are international such as the Board and General Assembly;
- Preparing, involvement and followup of HIC regional, nationwide and events that are international particularly the World personal Forum, the Americas personal Forum, and also the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and networks that are related
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC user organizations in Latin America, plus in other areas (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking users) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate activities and jobs in a manner that is cooperative
- Developing and strengthening of links along with other local, nationwide and networks that are international like the execution and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for example promotions, activities, studies, and magazines;
- Composing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and worldwide internet sites;
- Coordination and editing of local, nationwide and HIC that is international, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Global Projects
Help towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of methods, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical groups, grassroots companies, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat, using the goal of enhancing housing conditions among low-income kik dating communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Individual liberties connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance techniques for local businesses and communities threatened by the Panama Plan and also the potential for forced displacement and rights violations that are human. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Project on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination aided by the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat Network for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Supported by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social production of habitat as well as the directly to housing and also to the town in Latin America: Strategic directions for HIC action that is regional advocacy . 12 businesses and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with preparation, monitoring and evaluation meetings in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2005-2008.
Task to help advocacy processes for policies regarding the production that is social of. Supported by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Global task in the social manufacturing of habitat: Conceptual development, instance studies, help instruments and policy advocacy that is public. The task included HIC that is diverse and HIC bodies at the center East, Africa, Asia, European countries and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional task to bolster society that is civil the understanding of individual legal rights associated with habitat. 10 businesses and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Preparing, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and Los Angeles Paz. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core group for the HIC institutional evaluation: reviewed the dwelling for the coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007). Organization and involvement in workshops at international and levels that are regional along with planning of industry visits. Tangled up in developing terms of reference for assessment as well as in coordinating the main assessment documentвЂ™s final interpretation.
Г– Organization, coordination and follow-up of HIC internal conferences at regional and nationwide levels in Latin America, along with causing coalition that is global.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with businesses, motions and companies that really work on habitat and housing dilemmas regionally and internationally. Among other pursuits, including general public notices, press outreach, general public occasions, promotions, document development, urgent action appeals, magazines and action-research.